Bonnevilleamerica.com
TTP have worked with Pretech to enable our 6-Pot front caliper to fit the America (all years) and the Speedmaster (2011 on). Click HERE for information.
Will it lock the front wheel and if so at what speed?
Unusual question. It will lock the front wheel at any speed you like depending on the pressure applied.
Its a safety question. If in a panic you can lock the front wheel you will wash it out and go down.
I've not experienced that in the dry, but once in the wet, very painful! The Pretech used with the OEM master cylinder gives a very progressive feel not an on/off wooden feel. In my experience any properly sized caliper will lock the wheel if a panic situation arises.
Well, that was my question, at what speed will this caliper lock the wheel? The America caliper has a big problem locking the front wheel at speed which is a very good thing.

With the trail of the Speedmaster and America if you lock the wheel at speed it will kill you.

I was just wondering if anybody did any engineering or outrigger panic stopping on this caliper mounted on these particular bikes.
Is it the same as Harrison 6-pot mini? Using the same pads?
I guess I have another question. Is there testing on the America that shows stopping distance is reduced? Like at 40MPH oem stops here and the minipot stops here.

So here is a link showing an example. Did Pretech do something like this to show stopping distances. As all these test are done with outrigger wheels, did Pretech find a significant washout issue with our bikes.
© Bonneville America Forums