Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: aeiou5 turn signal issues - 10/09/2020 1:32 AM
My left side turn signals work fine, but on the right side the front one isn't working at all, the back right side is flashing very quickly. I tried replacing and swapping out bulbs but still the same issue. Inside of the turn signal housings look clean there seems to be continuity in the connections there. Could it be the flasher relay? And if so, where is it located on the bike. Thanks for any input.

Wayne
2005 America
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: turn signal issues - 10/09/2020 1:39 AM
The flasher should be in a rubber mount attached to the frame under the gas tank. It sounds to me more like a bad connection somewhere though.
Posted By: aeiou5 Re: turn signal issues - 10/09/2020 1:43 AM
I was afraid you would say that. Tracking down a bad connections seems daunting.
Posted By: Haddon1 Re: turn signal issues - 10/11/2020 1:32 AM
Hello- exactly what happened to my 2006 America. I found a pinched through ground wire leaving the front blinker housing pinched by the bolt head holding the right mirror on. Check in that area first- good luck ,Bob!
Posted By: aeiou5 Re: turn signal issues - 10/11/2020 9:34 PM
Haddon1, alright, I looked in the area that you mentioned, and although I didn't find the exact same thing you did, I think it did point me in right direction, and for that I thank you. Once the wires exit the turn signal housing, there is a white connector that looks like it might be the culprit. At least once I messed around with it a little, the front signal started working, but the right side is still flashing rapidly. It wasn't working at all before, so I'll check about replacing that connector and see what that does.

I am encouraged to at least have a direction to go in. Thanks again -

PS - I was going to include a photo but didn't see how.
Posted By: Haddon1 Re: turn signal issues - 10/12/2020 1:09 AM
Hello- again- if your right front blinker is flashing rapidly it is not grounding out - black wire not connecting well - One other time left both blinkers were blinking too fast on my bike and was black ground in headlight bucket for that side where plugs in to harness for left side . Bob
Posted By: Haddon1 Re: turn signal issues - 10/12/2020 3:13 AM
Please Make sure you get back to us so we all know how you come out, thanks Bob
Posted By: Gregger Re: turn signal issues - 10/15/2020 4:05 AM
Those white connectors for the front signal lights have been a problem for some time. Pull the connector apart and slightly crimp the metal to ensure a tight interference fit. These connectors do become loose over time .... cheap.
Posted By: aeiou5 Re: turn signal issues - 04/05/2021 4:13 PM
Alright, the white connector did end up being the culprit. I ended up cutting the connector off and reconnecting with some crimp on connectors. However, I complicated things by putting in the wrong bulbs and it was still blinking rapidly. I reconfirmed that my connection was good, I then ordered two new bulbs from the dealer to make sure they were the correct ones, and once having that done the problem was solved.

Thanks for all the helpful input guys, ride safe!!
© Bonneville America Forums