Bonnevilleamerica.com
Posted By: Bill Gummy Grips? - 05/20/2016 8:33 PM
As a young teenager my 2004 America is developing gummy grips. The rubber feels faintly sticky and nasty. I've had this with older rubber but usually in a situation where I could replace it. Has anybody successfully dealt with this?
Posted By: newt Re: Gummy Grips? - 05/20/2016 10:18 PM
No but get ahold of Fasteddy and get some new ones!!! That'll cure the problem. I got a set of the old what we use to call footballs from him and they are holding up very nicely. They are like the ones that came on my 72 Triumph so very comfy like old times.
Posted By: satxron Re: Gummy Grips? - 05/21/2016 12:52 PM
Gran Torismo grips. Don't leave home without them.
Posted By: pipedr Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/16/2019 8:51 PM
Bill et al, I realize this is an old posting but my search only revealed this one posting regarding grips. My 04 SM has suddenly succumbed to the gummy grip syndrome and I have a few questions. ( Anyone welcome to chime in);

1. What did you select to replace your grips

2. What grips to avoid. I recall very old posts that required some modifications and/or some cussing. I seem to recall Kuryakin grips had mounting issues.

3. Can the throttle grip be removed and replaced while the barrel remains in place

Thanks
Posted By: The_Dog33 Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/17/2019 1:21 AM
Haven't bought any lately but I always liked the cheap foam grips, comfy and vibration dampening.
Posted By: SMJoe Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/24/2019 2:25 AM
Quote:

Bill et al, I realize this is an old posting but my search only revealed this one posting regarding grips. My 04 SM has suddenly succumbed to the gummy grip syndrome and I have a few questions. ( Anyone welcome to chime in);

1. What did you select to replace your grips

2. What grips to avoid. I recall very old posts that required some modifications and/or some cussing. I seem to recall Kuryakin grips had mounting issues.

3. Can the throttle grip be removed and replaced while the barrel remains in place

Thanks

On my 07 I replaced with Kuryakin Iso grips it came with a new barrel and cable connections very comfortable. I am thinking of going with a set of similar for the new 2015
Posted By: pipedr Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/24/2019 11:35 AM
Thanks folks!
Posted By: BillyIndiana Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/25/2019 12:10 AM
I have these on my bike and love them.

https://www.fasteddysports.com/products-page/?product_id=1075
Posted By: Radiator Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/06/2021 7:58 PM
Can someone tell me what the diameter (handlebar) grips are required? I am thinking 1 inch, but I am not quite certain...

Thanks!
Posted By: B02S4 Re: Gummy Grips? - 04/07/2021 3:31 AM
BA & SM bar diameter is 1".
© Bonneville America Forums