Bonnevilleamerica.com
Looking for some more rumble, especially at idle. Have some really nice TORs long slash cuts for sale or trade for the right mufflers.

Mike
Why not try removing baffles? - one at a time until you get your desired note. That's how I did it.
Have you done this to the TORs? The opening in the rear of the slip-ons is tapered so drilling it out would be damn near impossible. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/351547579311?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
I cut my tapered pipes and made cannon style exhaust and I removed all the baffles leaving just the reducer cone for back pressure.
I opened up the original America pipes by driving a 16mm steel rod with a tapered point straight through. Then a set of Speedmaster pipes came for sale, real cheap, so I did the same to them and removed the back baffle,and left the reducing cone in place
Quote:

Looking for some more rumble, especially at idle. Have some really nice TORs long slash cuts for sale or trade for the right mufflers.

Mike

I would simply gut the long slash cuts and buy after market baffles such as Rush, Vance & Hines, or Samson . That would give you essentially a set of Sceptres, which are no longer available. A pipe is a pipe, it is the baffling that gives you the sound/exhaust flow or lack there of. That will save you a ton of money as opposed to buying a new set of exhaust.
I agree with JD13. Actually my buddy did the same thing, and the sound is really nice.
© Bonneville America Forums