GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Thread Like Summary
findlay13, Hermit, mikemm03, REBEL, roadie, slvrsprint
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Shame #602139 04/11/2022 11:15 PM
by The_Dog33
The_Dog33
It really is a shame. I remember when I could check in here several times a day and every time I did there would be new activity in multiple threads. I used to butt heads with Friar John or disagree with Big Bill or help any number of guys looking for advise, chat with Uncle Charlie or get mad at Dwights name calling or attempted belittling. The list goes on, I would give anything to be able to go 'round with Friar John, argue or not I liked the man and it was truly a loss when he passed. I miss Keith, and Mert and Angelis. I miss the Yutes, long time members will know who I mean. Just because I didn't mention some does not mean they are not missed just too long a list to mention them all. Some I met in person some were just friends on here that I thought I may meet eventually. I would love to see this place come alive again like in the past, bike talk political talk what ever the conversation went around to. I miss joking and talking with Rich. Not really going anywhere with this just thinking.
Liked Replies
Re: Shame #602144 Apr 13th a 11:51 AM
by The_Dog33
The_Dog33
It would be great to just talk to old friends no matter what they ride now.
2 members like this
Re: Shame #602153 Apr 14th a 11:52 PM
by Dinqua
Dinqua
Yea this old fart is still around. been retired and doing nothing. I already did everything else.
2 members like this
Re: Shame #602157 Apr 18th a 12:06 AM
by Gregger
Gregger
Have you ever taken the time to read some of the quotes regarding this site? Really brings back memories. And then there was FrankW always making fun of us northern folk when winter hit. He was a good friend from down under who I wish I could have met. Always loved the technical challenges some of you fellows came across myself included. It was always a group effort to solve them. And then there were the many times the fellows selflessly supplied parts, accessories and special tools often for nothing to the needy members. You couldn't ask for a better group. I was a member of the RAT forum but spent most of my time here. The banter between Dwight and Ian... spiced things up a bit. Keith provided a lot of entertainment and a moderating influence on the group. We did have a few individuals who spiced things up, sometimes too much but we got over it. And then we have today... Where are we going guys?

It's too bad Triumph has turned their back on the cruiser line for the most part. The only bikes coming close now are the new Speedy and Bobber. As already been said, with a discontinued line, the interest has faded. I think things really took a turn when the good Friar passed. I personally have continued to come back to this site even though I don't own an America any longer. I've seen very few on the roads and there aren't many up for sale. There isn't really much to these rides in terms of complexity which makes them so appealing to me. I love my Rocket but one day...
2 members like this
Re: Shame #602145 Apr 13th a 02:27 PM
by Dinqua
Dinqua
Been awhile for a lot of us. Life has gone by and a lot has happened over the last 20 years. Maybe i'll actually go somewhere this year if covid let's me. Cheers
1 member likes this
Re: Shame #602150 Apr 14th a 11:39 AM
by chy
chy
As the military taught me, life happens and people move on to other things. Some of us just got older I guess and our thoughts turn to other priorities.
Moe was up a couple of weeks ago and we talked about the site being pretty much a ghost town anymore. He keeps the thing running out of his own pocket and in restrospect I have neglected to acknowledge that or offer to help in quite some time but I intend to rectify that.
Hanging in and hanging on to the memories of the old days of Skillet and Larryshep, FJ and Willthethrill , Dinqua and the yutes joining forces with Yota and Charlie to terrorize local hotel owners. Wojo and Dragonslayer... Uncle Charlie and our extensive cast of characters over the years in all our glory immortalized in text and pictures for as long as anyone is intersted enough to keep checking in.. for now anyway.
1 member likes this
Re: Shame #602164 Apr 20th a 11:43 AM
by Hairdoo
Hairdoo
I came here in 2011 when I started riding again after a 27ish year lay off. I've been on and off, as I sold my first america, went through a string of other bikes, always regretting selling "fiona." I came back last year when I cleaned out the garage, and, like VA Bird, settled down to one bike, a 2016 america. She's not Fiona. But still a great bike, and my second favorite. I like it here. Just haven't had much to say - bike is how I want her, and I ride her whenever I can. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1 member likes this
Re: Shame #602156 Apr 17th a 02:00 AM
by mikemm03
mikemm03
Still around, still riding that 03 Red and Silver. I've owned several bikes in the last several years but can't let go of the Red Head even though she's been an electrical nightmare since new and still is.
I check in here a couple times a week, and post on occasion.

We kicked the ball around a few times about funding this site. I donated some $$$ to Jim (Moe) a few years ago.
I have no idea if what I donated was a drop in the bucket or a nice shot in the arm as I don't know what it costs to run a site like this.
If we knew the costs maybe we all could dig in the wallet to keep her afloat till were all gone. smile

Smoke em if ya got em.........
1 member likes this