GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Thread Like Summary
BillyIndiana, findlay13, Gregger, slvrsprint, VABird
Original Post (Thread Starter)
The 6 Sister's Ride. Last ride on my TBA? #601136 11/22/2020 1:47 PM
by slvrsprint
slvrsprint
I inherited my wife's Bonneville America a couple of months ago. frown I will probably sell it in the spring.

In the meantime, it had been sitting for months. She wasn't able to ride for more than a year. I needed to get the old gas out, replace with ethanol free and put it up for the winter. Of course I have put that off like everything else in my life. I just don't have any motivation lately.

Midweek, my sister invited me to coffee at her house on Saturday morning with other siblings. I don't always go to those gatherings for various reasons, one being that it's 120 miles each way. This time, I checked the weather forecast and agreed to go. I also had a couple of errands to run while in that area.

Friday, I got the annual inspection, added air to the tires, topped the gas tank and made sure all was well. Saturday morning, it was 38 degrees when I left home. What is normally a boring highway drone was incredibly nostalgic. That motorcycle has traveled that route many times. Never with me at the controls. I always followed her lead on my motorcycle.

After coffee and wonderful homemade sweets with my sisters, I dropped in on my wife's sisters. They were surprised to see their sister's motorcycle in the driveway.

The plan was to be home mid-day. That never works out. The last hour of the ride was in the dark. Again, 38 degrees. 245 miles. Highest temp was 41.

I think her motorcycle will spend the winter in my dining room. It needs a good cleaning and detailing. I'll decide later if I want to sell it.
Liked Replies
Re: The 6 Sister's Ride. Last ride on my TBA? #601160 Nov 30th a 02:29 AM
by BillyIndiana
BillyIndiana
I can think of no higher purpose for a motorcycle than keeping us connected to cherished memories and at the same time making new ones.
Let the memories roll man. Let them memories roll. Hell they have no resale value. You have to know them to love them. Just like us.
2 members like this
Re: The 6 Sister's Ride. Last ride on my TBA? #601145 Nov 23rd a 03:39 AM
by slvrsprint
slvrsprint
I may just do that.

I am trying to de-clutter and may later downsize, but we all know motorcycles are exempt.
2 members like this
Re: The 6 Sister's Ride. Last ride on my TBA? #601144 Nov 23rd a 01:35 AM
by Gregger
Gregger
Go for another ride.... It will convince you to keep it smile
1 member likes this