GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Thread Like Summary
AmyLee, roadie, roadworthy, VABird
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Is there nothing else to talk about? #600729 09/09/2020 7:02 AM
by Alatamoc
Alatamoc
Maybe it's because this forum has been around for ages and our bikes are discontinued?
We might have run out of steam?
But lately all that seems to appear on the forums is mudslinging around the US Presidential election and other internal American political preoccupations.
I understand these may be hot topics in America but I'm afraid they're not so interesting to the rest of the world.
Sorry if I offend any of you but this is fundamentally a motorcycle forum.
Er, I think?
I'll just duck now whilst the bullets fly
Liked Replies
Re: Is there nothing else to talk about? #600796 Sep 16th a 11:51 PM
by arstaren
arstaren
I too remember the good ole days on this site, And while I sold my beloved America so I could buy my Indian, I still come here once in a while. My middle boy still has his America, which he bought from Dave's dad. And I'm still considering a new Triumph as a retirement bike.
2 members like this
Re: Is there nothing else to talk about? #600732 Sep 9th a 03:10 PM
by The_Dog33
The_Dog33
I have to agree, I too lost quite a bit of interest when Triumph moved outside England. I have been riding , building, and customizing Triumphs for over 35 years. I still love the ones I have and I like the looks of some of the new ones but they have become too expensive for me too. I am OK with the political talk and follow politics so I stay informed to vote. I have to admit it does bother me when someone from another country talks about what they know nothing about politically. That doesn't mean to be from another country means you don't know US politics but some comment when they don't have any idea what they are talking about. I still play with my antiques and am building a hard tail with an 07 SM engine. That project has been put on the back burner as I have been working on my truck and I am about 1/2 way finished with an 8N tractor. I also just fixed all the leaks in my Ford 850 tractor power steering. I use my old tractors so they get fixed ahead of projects. Most things got put off now since I broke my wrist and much of it I am unable to do.
1 member likes this
Re: Is there nothing else to talk about? #600740 Sep 10th a 03:23 AM
by The_Dog33
The_Dog33
I for one wouldn't care if the politics were removed all together. There is quite a bit of information here and I still answer questions if I see them before they get answered and as long as I know the correct answer for sure. My memory isn't what it used to be. I find myself looking things up I used to know off the top of my head. I still remember how many rollers are in the clutch on an old 650 unit twin and what the valve clearances are and the correct timing on a degree wheel and how to set that up. Other things I forget sometimes, more on the newer bikes than the old ones.
1 member likes this
Re: Is there nothing else to talk about? #600898 Oct 2nd a 11:14 PM
by SMJoe
SMJoe
"Riding season will be extended in spite of Covid 19 this year here in the north." I ride up until my birthday Nov 14 minimum and often make it past that, fingers crossed for a late winter. Cold is ok I can slow down on the curves and stay off the main roads then head home to the hot tub to warm up the bones.
1 member likes this
Re: Is there nothing else to talk about? #600887 Sep 30th a 03:36 AM
by satxron
satxron
Bonneville America and Speedmaster the 790 and 865 drove this forum for several years. Pegs, risers, cruise control, CDI, big bore, chains, wow, its kinda been covered. But even when it was busy, of the few thousand members we had a few dozen kept it going.

You are right about photo bucket it put a dent in it for sure.

Now we have a liquid cooled Bonneville Speedmaster. I am not sure how many of them are selling.
1 member likes this
Re: Is there nothing else to talk about? #600903 Oct 3rd a 05:04 PM
by Bedouin
Bedouin
Playfully sarcastic perhaps ... Narcissistic? Where do you see that?
Also, you were thinking of someone else you debate with in the Cone from another country?
Sure OK.

I do not rely on junk I read, or the MSM.
I study numbers and trends I can believe and what principle personalities have to say.
You may have noticed I never quote third parties and their opinions.
Nor do I parrot anyone. Look elsewhere for that.

Since it was raised on another thread, I do have an interest in US politics. They DO affect me, including the current Covid disaster.
Then again I have an equally keen interest in perhaps 15-20 other countries so don't think it is limited to the US.

Also, I have never quoted something about the US that wasn't self-evident to those that made the effort to look.
I look.
The mistake some of you guys make and is permanently evident, is that you often speak to me as if I am a Democrat.
You seem to forget I am not a Yank and I never participate in your partisan tennis matches.
I leave that to you guys.

Thank you for the kind words about being impressed with my knowledge . They didn't go unnoticed.
1 member likes this