GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Thread Like Summary
findlay13, satxron
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Lost my pal #600068 05/05/2020 4:07 AM
by findlay13
findlay13
I lost my pal this morning .She died after a long hard night shaking and throwing up.I thought we'd saved her she was good for awhile had her old energy starting to return , but I guess there was just too much kidney liver damage from the parasite she had in her blood.I'm broken hearted.As Ian said ,they're like family members
Liked Replies
Re: Lost my pal #600228 Jun 2nd a 10:22 PM
by roadie
roadie
So sorry to read about your Schnauzer, Harry. It's so hard when we lose 'em...
2 members like this
Re: Lost my pal #600233 Jun 3rd a 11:26 AM
by The_Dog33
The_Dog33
t holding them. I have held every dog in my arms when they were put down or was next to them petting them and talking to them softly. Kizmitt died of Kidney failure, I gave her IV fluids last couple of weeks of her life to keep her hydrated. As long as she was otherwise comfortable and active I let have her last days and then had to put her down. It killed me , she adopted me. I walked through a side room and right past her cage then back out in the main kennel. She broke out of her cage, broke out of the side room and came out in the kennel and sat down next to me. I knew then she was coming home with me and she was a great dog her whole life, just wish I had longer with her like all my other dogs but she was special.
2 members like this
Re: Lost my pal #600069 May 5th a 05:13 AM
by satxron
satxron
Its sad to hear.

We have an 11 year old Schnauzer that will be number 5 in our years of marriage to lose in the next few years. They get to be like our kids.
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600070 May 5th a 07:57 AM
by Peter_AU
Peter_AU
I hav'nt been allowed to have another dog since hour whippet died a few years back, the missus just cant take the heartbreak of their passing, but I'm working on her.
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600072 May 5th a 11:46 AM
by The_Dog33
The_Dog33
I am so sorry to hear this, I know how you feel. I find it easier to adopt again in a short time to have a friend to comfort you no questions asked. I also have always felt the dogs I have had would want me to give another dog a happy loving forever home. I am not trying to tell you what to do just relating what I do and how I feel. We are all different and grieve in different ways, I'm with you.
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600077 May 5th a 10:14 PM
by ladisney
ladisney
Like others have said. It's hard to lose them. On the other hand, they bring so much joy while you have them and there is always another one out there that needs you to save them and will reward you with unconditional love and devotion.
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600078 May 6th a 03:06 AM
by roadie
roadie
So sorry to learn about your faithful friend Findlay; they are indeed so hard to lose. I’m sure many of us will be thinking about you and yours, bro. Stay in touch...
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600074 May 5th a 12:38 PM
by smb31
smb31
So sorry for your loss. They truly are family members and close companions. I hope you and your family find comfort remembering the great life you gave her.
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600227 Jun 2nd a 05:33 PM
by satxron
satxron
I remember just 3 weeks ago I posted I had a few more years. 5 seizures later and kidney failure we put our Schnauzer down today. I refuse to let a dog suffer for my weakness so manned up and did it.

It just sucks, stayed with the vet til the very end figuring we held him when he was 10 weeks old so we should hold him all they way out.

They just steal our hearts and we are doomed to outlive them. What a cruel joke nature plays on us.

Sorry to hijack your thread Findley. We also have another one. She is looking around the house for her bud Harry wondering what is going on.
1 member likes this
Re: Lost my pal #600232 Jun 3rd a 08:50 AM
by findlay13
findlay13
Sorry for you Ron.No problem There's another dog with my girl but totally different personality of course.The second one is getting old must be about 10 now I reckon lovely old girl soft and easy going o trouble at all, not like the the one that died.! I loved the one that died but I love this one too.
1 member likes this
Rides
Ga Rally '24
by chy - 03/04/2024 1:00 PM
Pony Express /BA.com Journal reports
by - 05/17/2008 12:33 PM