GaRally22
by chy, September 18
Thread Like Summary
BillyIndiana, findlay13, Gregger
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Billy's 2005 America updated #600059 05/03/2020 11:22 PM
by BillyIndiana
BillyIndiana
I have been struggling to deal with posting pictures ever since Photobucket went to ...........nevemind.
Spent yesterday morning cleaning her up and Emma and I did a short 80 mile ride.
I am an admin on the Speedmaster facebook page and someone asked about touring on these bikes.
I have been running a single saddle setup the past couple years, but with Covid 19 I decided to set up the America for 2 up riding this year.

Anyway I get along fine with Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82AyBki6ZM&t=49s
Liked Replies
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600198 May 25th a 07:03 AM
by Alatamoc
Alatamoc
Me too...I won't even bother trying with photobucket these days.
I also inhabit another forum( the triumph forum) which has a neat button on each page saying ' upload file'.
That works well...as a computer numpty I can do that one.
I won't ask for complex explanations of why we can't have one of these magic buttons... partly because I'm damn grateful to the folks who keep this forum running without adding to their workload even more....and also because I probably wouldn't understand the technicalities of any explanation..
2 members like this
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600201 May 26th a 02:45 PM
by mag10
mag10
Great looking bike. And thank you for sharing.

I have done some epic road trips on my SM, but always solo, I never really felt it to be a really good 2 up bike. And like you say, a little light for the interstate.
1 member likes this
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600196 May 24th a 06:35 PM
by findlay13
findlay13
Originally Posted by BillyIndiana
I have been struggling to deal with posting pictures ever since Photobucket went to ...........nevemind.
Spent yesterday morning cleaning her up and Emma and I did a short 80 mile ride.
I am an admin on the Speedmaster facebook page and someone asked about touring on these bikes.
I have been running a single saddle setup the past couple years, but with Covid 19 I decided to set up the America for 2 up riding this year.

Anyway I get along fine with Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82AyBki6ZM&t=49s

Me too I had enough trouble with Photobucket before now.......
1 member likes this
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600089 May 8th a 05:53 AM
by Alatamoc
Alatamoc
Me too...I've owned 3 TBAs and we toured two up extensively on all of them.....all sorts of roads from country lanes to motorways.
Looking forward to my next TBA asap
Al
1 member likes this
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600087 May 7th a 07:05 PM
by roadie
roadie
Very, very nice. Smiled when I saw the Fender amp piece where the idle control is, unique job for the nob! Re: touring with these - I've never hesitated to pack mine up and go; freeways, whatever, they seem to handle it all pretty well.

Granted, it certainly isn't a Goldwing! But that's a good thing, eh?
1 member likes this
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600062 May 4th a 07:17 AM
by Alatamoc
Alatamoc
Thanks....always a pleasure just to look at your bike.

Al
1 member likes this
Re: Billy's 2005 America updated #600213 May 31st a 03:09 AM
by Gregger
Gregger
Great looking ride there Bill. Love the green colour. You have pretty well everything I had on mine before I let it go. Still see mine around town the odd time. Who knows, I might just get a chance to buy it back. Miss it a lot.

One item I found lacking on the early models was the headlight brightness. I switched to an Adjure reflector with premium halogens, then added 2 50 watt driving lights. Really made a difference at night.
1 member likes this